RPS

, , No Comments




As you might have worked out by now that I’m not really big into fashion photography. I can do it and even enjoy it at times. But there are millions of photographers out there that are better than me. I jumped at an opportunity to do a fashion shoot, when a new upstart company, that is making a name for itself, asked me to help them with decent photographs for their catalogue. They have a fun sporty look. I asked them if they wanted to shoot it in water. They were very keen to shoot in water. I had a rock pool in mind on a stunning beach. We worked out the tides and got all the permits.
When we arrived at the location, I heard that two of our models had never been in water and that they were too scared to go into sea water. We had to move the shoot to an ordinary swimming pool. Then we started in the shallow end of the swimming pool. It took us a while to get our models comfortable in the water, and we kept pushing the models for better images. It was a story to get the model with the Dreadlocks to put his head under the water. He was afraid that he would drown in waist high water. I think that his hair had never been wet before. In the end we had a lot of fun, and company got great images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment