New proposed development and mining threatens Unesco World Heritage Site

, , No Comments




Recently while I was in Kosi Bay on a shoot taking photographs of traditional fishermen, I realized that there is a huge problem. There is a proposed Hotel to be built in a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then to put the cherry on top of the cake they have started “Dune Mining” just down the coast with the plan to keep mining through the Kosi Bay area, all the way to the Mozambique border.
As a journalist I don’t always pick a side. In this case, the situation made me really angry. The indigenous fishermen and their tribe are going to lose their lifestyle as well as their livelihood. This is one of the most unique Eco-systems in the world, it appears that the proposed activity is just going to destroy it.
I’m going to ask you for help to bring awareness to this problem in the next few days. I’m going to launch a campaign to expose this issue in an attempt to highlight the problem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment